The website https://wasset.io (hereinafter, “the Site”) and the Wasset App (hereinafter “Wasset” or the “App”) represent a community platform facilitating waste management and recycling.
The Wasset concept is the property of Decentralized Future in Motion Lab Limited(hereinafter referred to as “DFMLab”) as well as all associated rights and in particular intellectual property rights relating to this App.
DFMLab has the discretion to modify these T&Cs at any time.
APPLICATION: Platform to perform actions.
USER: Natural person, at least 18 years old, accessing the App via their personal Wasset account.
The Users can be categorized as follows:
- Machines (smart waste bin, digital scale etc.)
MEMBER: Indifferently designates the person using the Wasset App, whether for sending a request or to perform an action.
ACTION: Action formalizing the deposit of waste objects at collection points and other actions defined in the App that can qualify for a reward in the form of tokens or points.
ACCOUNT: A set of data linked to a User during the registration and subsequent use of Wasset.
LOGIN: User’s phone number, Google account, email address as well as the password chosen when registering the User.
COLLECTION POINTS: Waste aggregation centers
COLLECTORS/AGGREGATORS: Individuals with the infrastructure, machines, or vehicles to move waste from one place to the other. Aggregating and sorting the waste.
RECYCLERS/UPCYCLERS: Individuals or organizations which make use of the waste.
The primary purpose of the App is to direct Users to collection points for recycling of materials. Users can declare the number of items collected and deposited at these points. They can also report new collection points which once validated will be usableby all Users. For these actions, Users are rewarded with tokens distributed free of charge by Wasset.
They will also be able to participate in challenges organized by Wasset partners.To register on the App, all Users must first create a personal account with the help of the App and accept without reservation at the time of their registration these T&Cs of the Site. This acceptance will be deemed effective once the User has clicked on the button to register their personal account. Once the T&Cs have been accepted and thepersonal information has been filled in and validated by DFMLab, the User becomes a member of the Wasset community (Wasset Marketplace).
The User warrants that the information provided to Wasset upon registration is accurate and complete and must agree to notify any subsequent changes.
Access to the various services of the App is therefore strictly subject to the acceptance of these T&Cs. The T&Cs are binding between the User and Wasset in relation to the use of the services of the App, described below. The terms apply to all Users of the services, including those who provide a service to other Users on the App.
The Wasset App makes it possible to deposit objects at collection points whose geographic location is identified in the App and to receive consideration in accordance with the principles described below.
- Plastic – PET, PE, LDPE, HDPE type
- Metal – Aluminium, Copper, Iron etc.
- Local Government
- Building, Floor
- Ocean/water bodies
- Recycling companies
- Waste producers/generators
- Other people involved in waste management
- Payment of Wasset tokens.
The Member declares and acknowledges that all or part of their personal profile is accessible to the Members of the App/marketplace with which the User comes into contact and that it is mandatory for certain personal data (such as pseudonym, profile, etc.) to appear with the exception of any data of a discriminatory nature (origin, religion, etc.).
Wasset is committed to evolving in line with the needs of its Members. In this context, the Member accepts and acknowledges that the form and nature of the service offered by Wasset may be modified without prior notification.
The User acknowledges with reserve, the right to Wasset to disseminate User information with the aim of offering its service under the conditions envisaged by the T&Cs, to the exclusion of any other use.
At any time, the User retains the possibility of modifying their personal data contained in under their account.
The User acknowledges being solely responsible for any activity carried out on their User account. Wasset cannot be held responsible for the content published, nor for interactions with other Users of the App over which Wasset has no power of control and surveillance. The User is solely responsible for messages, content and actions on and outside the App.
The User declares to be at least 18 (eighteen) years old (or 21 (twenty-one) years in the countries where legal majority is different) and have the legal capacity or hold parental permission to register on the App. Users refrain from using the App to conduct a regular and/or remunerated activity which could be associated with a salaried or entrepreneurial activity.
The User expressly undertakes that the content the user publishes on the App does not constitute a violation of the following rights, without this list presenting an exhaustive character:
- Violate the intellectual property rights of third parties or Wasset; in this regard, the User undertakes not to reproduce, distribute, or communicate to the public on the App, elements protected by copyright or by any other intellectual property right without prior and express consent of the holder(s) of these property rights, or to alter, modify, copy, transmit, sell, or distribute all or part of the App or the Services without the prior written consent of Wasset.
- Endorse crimes or publish illegal, hateful, threatening or pedophile, pornographic, defamatory, obscene, racist, anti-Semitic, xenophobic, revisionist or contrary to public order and morality messages.
- Invade privacy or respect for the dignity of persons.
- Inciting violence, fanaticism, crime, suicide, hatred, because of religion, race, sex, sexual orientation, or ethnicity.
- Harass other members of the Wasset community or network.
- Favor or encourage any criminal activity or enterprises.
- Solicit and/or communicate passwords and/or personal information for commercial or illegal purposes.
- Transmit chains of e-mails, unsolicited bulk mailings, instant messages, unwanted advertising messages, or unsolicited mail.
- Include advertisements and/or solicitations, contests, in order to offer products and/or services for marketing through the App.
- Contain addresses or hypertext links to external sites whose content is contrary to the laws and regulations in force, which infringe the rights of third parties or which are contrary to these conditions.
- Include malicious content such as malware, Trojans, viruses or interfering with access to the Site and App services.
- Make any fraudulent, falsified, misleading or deceptive presentation to any other user.
The User is solely responsible for the conservation and confidentiality of their password and undertakes not to communicate their password at any time whatsoever to any other person or Member, or to use another member’s account, pseudonym, and password. The User must immediately notify Wasset of any breach of security or any unauthorized use of their Member account of which they are aware and, in any event, must take the corrective and protective measures offered by and outside the App.
The User undertakes not to use automated processes such as robots or scripts on the platform. This is strictly prohibited.
Wasset reserves the right, in the event that the Member becomes responsible for an infringement of the legislation in force, a of these T&Cs, or an infringement of the rights of third parties, to provide, to the request of any law enforcement or justice authority (jurisdiction, administrative authority, police, etc.) or injured Member, any information or elements allowing or facilitating the identification of the offending person or Member. Wasset will have the possibility of withdrawing or blocking, in accordance with the law, any information or content which appears to it manifestly illicit or at the request of a legitimate authority and/or to close the account of the offending Member.
- The design, form, title, brands, and all of the elements contained on the Wasset.io site and the Wasset App, whether or not registered internationally under copyright and trademark law, are the exclusive property of Wasset or DFMLab or have been the subject of authorization prior use for the benefit of Wasset.
- The general structure of the Site, of the App, but also all other elements making it up, such as logos, illustrations, original images and their organization, as well as any software compilation, fundamental source code, software (including applets), graphic charter, reviews/ratings, visuals, photographs, images, texts, and other elements contained on the Wasset.io site and the Wasset App and all social networks or sites where Wasset is present, are the property of DFMLab. Any reproduction, total or partial, of the Site and/or the elements composing it by any process whatsoever, without the express prior authorization of Wasset or DFMLab, is therefore prohibited and would constitute an infringement punishable under Copyright Law.
- The protection of the intellectual property rights of Wasset Members is essential. Any individual or legal entity, Member, or third party, may inform us of a violation of their copyright. Wasset will delete the offender’s account after verification of the request. Wasset may take legal action against infringer if the infringement is found and is harmful.
COMMITMENT AND CANCELLATION OF USER ACCOUNTS
Members registered on the App expressly acknowledge and accept that the provision of the service for locating collection points begins immediately after validation of their registration to the App, but that the User holds a legal right of withdrawal equal to a period of fourteen (14) clear days from the date of validation.
If the Member makes the request to revoke the registration of their account, theymust do so by sending a request for account deletion to [email protected]. The taking into account of this termination or withdrawal will be effective at the end of the period of fifteen (15) days maximum and after receipt by DFMLab of the letter sent by email.
- For the successful completion of an action, the user will receive a reward. Different modes of rewards are categorized in the App.
- In the absence of contrary elements provided by the Member, the computerized registers, stored in the computer systems of Wasset and its partners, under reasonable security conditions, will be considered as proof of deposits, communications, actions, requests, validations, and rewards between the members concerned. This information will be deemed authentic unless proven otherwise in writing by the concerned Member.
- All reward elements can be modified by Wasset at all times in order to maintain consistency between criteria defining the allocation of rewards and evolution of the App.
ALLOCATION OF WASSET POINTS OR TOKENS
- For the proper achievement of actions, Wasset allocates points (or tokens) allowing various uses on and outside the App. On the App, the User may, depending on the number of points collected, take advantage of freebies and other benefits in Wasset partner network (third parties).
- The distribution or allocation of Wasset points or tokens is irreversible and immutable.
- Wasset points or tokens are given to users on verification of the quantity of waste they've processed. Tokens are personal to Members, transferable, exchangeable; consequently, Wasset or DFMLab cannot be held responsible for any loss, erroneous or accidental transfer of Wasset points or tokens and the private key of the account.
- Users are responsible for managing tokens in their wallet and Wasset or DFMLab cannot be responsible for damages that might occur from careless or other forms of loss/breach giving access to Member points or tokens.
- Wasset points or tokens are specific to the App and have the utility described in these T&C’s and the White Paper for actions carried out in the App. Under no circumstances do Wasset points or tokens constitute or entitle the holder the right to a share in the capital of DFMLab or confer a right of partner or shareholder in DFMLab excluding any agreed participation in its management and any dividend.
- Wasset reserves the right to correct the allocation of points or tokens in cases of incorrect declaration of the number of items deposited or of falsification of the system. If fraud is found, Wasset may block the User’s account.
- Wasset reserves the right to change at its discretion the number of tokens allocated per actions performed within the app.
- Wasset tokens allotted to Member are viewable on the App dashboard to showcase the Users wallet balance based on the information available publicly on the token blockchain network. The process of verifying the information provided by users for reward is available off the app through a combination of smart contracts, and centralized or decentralized databases.
LIABILITY OF WASSET
- It is expressly agreed that Wasset’s responsibility cannot be sought in any way whatsoever because of the content published on the App by the User, nor of the actions or remarks which would be made outside the App. The responsibility of each User engages only the individual through their actions and words as an adult responsible before the law.
- Within the framework of these T&C’s, it is expressly understood that Wasset acts as a platform identifying collection points and putting users in contact. As such, Wasset is not bound to any general obligation to monitor any content submitted or disseminated via the App or the quality of the collection points in terms of post-consumer processing. Wasset assumes no responsibility for Users contents and does not endorse any opinion expressed.
- The User has at their disposal a “report” button in the event that they consider that content published on the App by another Member infringes their personal or intellectual property rights, or that it violates another of the rights of the Members or causes any damage. It is expressly agreed that Wasset cannot be held responsible for any fraudulent exploitation of the data which may take place without its knowledge or in contravention of these T&Cs, and in particular for any damage or harm suffered by Members and made or suffered during the carrying out actions, or any other acts which do not respect the laws and rights of other Users.
- Wasset cannot be held responsible for technical problems outside its scope of service such as maintenance or network problems attributable to the telecommunications or Internet service provider and which could lead to a temporary interruption of the network, the Member also acknowledging accepting the constraints and limits of the Internet and blockchain network, particularly in terms of the transmission of information data via networks and in terms of data breaches. Wasset cannot be held responsible in the event that the services offered prove to be incompatible with certain equipment and/ or functionalities of the Member’s IT equipment.
- Wasset cannot be held responsible for the malfunction of hyperlinks on the Site and App referring to third party websites or for their content, including advertisements, products, services and / or other materials available on and from said third party sites, nor for their inaccuracy.
- Wasset cannot be held liable for non-performance or poor performance of the reward, either due to an insurmountable and unforeseeable act by a third party or a public force, or due to a case of force majeure.
- To the extent permitted by law and the commitments expressly made by Wasset on the Wasset.io site and the Wasset App, neither its managers, employees, nor other representatives can be held liable for damages, including, in particular, any loss of data, damage or failure to store content, income, luck or profit, indirect damage, and damage to reputation, as well as any request from third parties resulting from or in connection with the use of the App, information, content, elements, or products presented on the Site and the quality and terms of the services rendered and the consideration.
- Wasset may cease, permanently or temporarily, to offer the services (or any other function of the App) to Users in general, at its sole discretion without notice and without being liable to Users.
TERMINATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE MEMBER AND WASSET
These T&Cs will continue to apply until terminated by the User or by Wasset under the conditions set out below. If the User wishes to terminate the commitment which binds the User to Wasset, they can do so by closing their Member account.
- the User does not comply with one of the terms of these T&Cs (or acts in a way that clearly shows that they do not intend or are unable to comply with the terms of these conditions);
- Wasset is forced to do so by law;
- Wasset is preparing to cease providing the services to Users in their country of residence or in the country where they use the services; or
- the services that Wasset makes available to the User are no longer commercially viable from Wasset’s perspective.
When possible, Wasset may notify the interested party of this termination within a reasonable period of time.
APPLICABLE LAW AND GENERAL PROVISIONS
- These T&Cs constitute the agreement (as understood in the preamble) between the User and Wasset with regard to their use of the services of the App and supersede in their entirety any previous agreements entered into between the User and Wasset and DFMLab. These T&C’s and the User’s relationship with Wasset under these terms are subject to Nigerian law.
- Any dispute will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Nigerian courts.
- If any of the terms of these T&Cs is found invalid by a decision of a competent court, this will be deleted without affecting the other terms of the T&Cs. The terms will remain valid and enforceable.