SERVICE means the https://wasset.io website operated by Decentralized Future in Motion Lab Limited.
WASSET or MARKETPLACE means the service platform for waste recyclers and renders to sell the product of the refined/recycled/reused waste, connecting them to prospective buyers.
PERSONAL DATA means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
USAGE DATA is data collected automatically either generated by the use of Service or from Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
COOKIES are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device). CLICKSTREAM INFORMATION is information collected about a user while they browse through a website, or use a browser.
DATA PROCESSOR (OR SERVICE PROVIDER) means an individual, private entity, public authority, or any other body, who processes personal data on behalf of or at the direction of a data controller or another data processor.
DATA SUBJECT means an individual to whom personal data relates.
WEBSITE means DFMLab/Wasset website, site/platform, or applications (apps). THE USER is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information we collect from you
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information directly from you:
- Identification Information, such as name, email, phone number, postal address, and/or government-issued identity documents;
- Commercial Information, such as collection activity, marketplace activity, token use, deposits, withdrawals, account balances;
- Financial Information, such as bank account information, routing number;
- Correspondence, such as information that you provide to us in correspondence, including account opening and customer support;
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, Olfactory, or Similar Information, such as images and videos collected for identity verification, audio recordings left via messaging;
- Biometric Information, such as scans of your face geometry extracted from identity documents;
- Professional or Employment-related Information, such as job title, source of wealth; and
- Institutional Information, such as for institutional customers, we may collect additional information, including: institution’s legal name, identification number issued by a government, and proof of legal existence (which may include memorandum and articles of incorporation, certificate of incorporation, business license, trust instrument, or other comparable legal document).
- Sensitive Personal Information, such as government-issued identification numbers (which may include National Identification Number (NIN)/Bank Verification Number (BVN)/Social Security Number or equivalent, driver’s license number, International passport number).
Personal Information we collect automatically
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information automatically through your use of our services:
- Online Identifiers, such as IP address; domain name;
- Device Information, such as hardware, operating system, browser, screen size; and
- Usage Data, such as system activity, internal and external information related to DFMLab pages that you visit, and clickstream information.
Personal Information we collect from you
We may collect and/or verify the following categories of Personal Information about you from Third Parties:
- Identification Information, such as name, email, phone number, and postal address.
- Financial Information, such as bank account information, and routing number;
- Transaction Information, such as public blockchain data (bitcoin, ether, and other Digital assets are not truly anonymous);
- We, and any others who can match your public Digital Asset address to other Personal Information about you, may be able to identify you from a blockchain transaction because, in some circumstances, Personal Information published on a blockchain (such as your Digital Asset address and IP address) can be correlated with Personal Information that we and others may have. Furthermore, by using data analysis techniques on a given blockchain, it may be possible to identify other Personal Information about you;
- Credit and Fraud Information, such as credit investigation, credit eligibility, identity or account verification, fraud detection, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law;
- Sensitive Personal Information, such as government identification numbers (which may include National Identification Number (NIN)/Bank Verification Number (BVN)/Social Security Number or equivalent, driver’s license number, passport number); and
- Additional Information, as permitted by law or required to comply with legal obligations, which may include criminal records or alleged criminal activity, or information about any person or corporation with whom you have had, currently have, or may have a financial relationship. Personal Information you provide during the registration process may be retained, even if your registration is left incomplete or abandoned.
Personal Information you provide during the registration process may be retained, even if your registration is left incomplete or abandoned.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information we collect and the practices described above are done in an effort to provide you with the best experience possible, protect you from risks related to improper use and fraud, and help us maintain and improve our Service. We may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with our services. We use your Personal Information to provide you with our services and maintain these services pursuant to the terms of our T&Cs. For example, in order to facilitate fiat transfers into and out of your account, we need to know your financial information. We also use your Personal Information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements. We process your Personal Information as required by applicable laws and regulations. For example, we have identity verification requirements to fulfill our obligations under the anti-money laundering laws of numerous jurisdictions and, as such, we may use an image of an identity document that you provide to help us verify that you are the true owner of the identity document and that the document does not show signs of fraud.
- Detect and prevent fraud. We process your Personal Information to detect and prevent fraud on your account, which is especially important given the irreversible nature of the blockchain.
- Protect the security and integrity of our services. We use your Personal Information to further our security-first mentality. Maintaining the security of your account and the platform requires us to process your Personal Information, including information about your device and your activity on the marketplace, and other relevant information.
- Provide you with customer support. We process your Personal Information anytime that you reach out to our Customer Support team, such as when there are issues arising from your account.
- Optimize and enhance our services. We use your Personal Information to understand how our products and Services are being used to help us improve our Services and develop new products, and interactive features.
- Market our products to you. We may contact you with information about our products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. You may use tools that we provide to opt-out of marketing communications from us at any time.
- With your consent. We may use your Personal Information for additional purposes with your consent.
- Other business purposes. We may use your Personal Information for additional purposes in the operation of our business, that would be reasonably expected based on context, and as permitted by law or required to comply with our legal obligations.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share your Personal Information with third parties, except as described below:
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers for business or commercial purposes. Your Personal Information may be shared so that they can provide us with services, including identity verification, fraud detection and prevention, credit verification, security threat detection, payment processing, customer support, data analytics, Information Technology, advertising, marketing, data processing, network infrastructure, storage, transaction monitoring, and tax reporting. We share your Personal Information with these service providers only so that they can provide us with services, and we prohibit our service providers from using or disclosing your Personal Information for any other purpose. Our third- party service providers are subject to strict confidentiality obligations.
- Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates for the purposes outlined above, and as it is necessary to provide you with our Services.
- Legal Obligations. We may be required or in good faith and in our sole discretion believe it is necessary to share your Personal Information with law enforcement, government agencies, regulators or third parties to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, or to preserve our rights or to protect against fraud or other illegal activity.
- Corporate Transactions. We may disclose Personal Information in the event of a proposed or consummated merger, acquisition, reorganization, asset sale, or similar corporate transaction, or in the event of a bankruptcy or dissolution.
- Professional Advisors. We may share your Personal Information with our professional advisors, including legal, accounting, or other consulting services for purposes of audits or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Consent. We may share or disclose your information with your consent.
- Other business purposes. We may share or disclose your Personal Information for other business purposes as permitted by law.
- ensure compliance with the Nigerian Data Protection Act (“NDPA”) 2023, Nigerian Data Protection Regulation (“NDPR,”) 2019, and the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) 2018;
- ensure that your account security has not been compromised by detecting irregular, suspicious, or potentially fraudulent account activities; and
- assess and improve our services and advertising campaigns.
We use the following types of cookies on our online channels, such as our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are mandatory and are required for the effective operation and functioning of our website on your device. They enable you to use the website and the features on the website and cannot be switched off.
- Performance cookies
These are optional cookies that collect information about how you use the website but not any personal information. Performance information is anonymous and mostly statistical and is used to improve the performance of our website.
- Marketing cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are also optional and are used to deliver and display advertisements that are relevant and engaging for you as the user. They help us measure how effective our advertising campaigns are by your interaction with the advertisement
- Session cookies
These cookies are temporary and optional and only exist while you browse our website to remember your activities on the website. As soon as you close the website or move to a different website, the cookies are deleted.
- Persistent cookies
These are permanent, optional cookies that are stored on your device until they reach a set expiry date or until you delete them. They remember your preferences or actions on our website (or in some cases across different websites). We may use them for various reasons, for example to remember your preferences and choices when you use our website, or to display relevant advertising campaigns to
- First-party cookies
These are cookies that we create and store when you use our website and relate to information obtained directly from you.
We may make use of third-party Cookies or analytics services, including but not limited to Google Analytics, and Facebook. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt-out of making your activities available to Google Analytics, please visit:
- To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt-out of making your activities available to Google Analytics, please visit
https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/ or https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
- To learn more about how Facebook uses your data please visit https://www.facebook.com/help/325807937506242/ or log on to your Facebook account and access your settings. To understand more about Facebook advertising please see here https://www.facebook.com/about/ads.
- Third-party tracking technologies are not controlled by us, and statements regarding our practices do not apply to these third-parties or their use of information. We make no representations regarding the policies or practices of such third parties. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third-parties’ opt-out options.
You also can learn more about cookies by visiting https://www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies on different types of browsers and mobile devices.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, we may from time to time send direct marketing materials promoting services, products, facilities, or activities to you using information collected from or about you. You may opt-out of such marketing communications at any time by visiting the privacy page. You may also opt-out of such communications by following the directions provided in any marketing communication. It is our policy to not provide your Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your consent. If you opt-out of marketing communications, please note that we may still send you necessary information about transactions or our business relationship.
Children’s Personal Information
DFMLab is not intended for children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information of children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete it from our systems. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided DFMLab with information without their consent, he or she should contact Provider at [email protected]. DFMLab will delete such information from Wasset’s files within a reasonable time.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your Personal Information from loss, theft, or misuse, and from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, no security is foolproof, and the Internet is an insecure medium. We cannot guarantee absolute security, but we work hard to protect Wasset and you from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Personal Information we collect and store. Measures we take may include encryption of the DFMLab website communications with SSL; required two-factor authentication for all sessions; periodic review of our Personal Information collection, storage, and processing practices; and restricted access to your Personal Information on a need-to-know basis for our employees, contractors and agents who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide services to you, for our legitimate business purposes, and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. If you close your account with us, we will continue to retain your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including for fraud monitoring, detection and prevention; and for our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we comply with applicable GDPR law to provide an adequate level of data protection for the transfer of your Personal Information to the US or other third countries. DFMLab enters into the appropriate data processing agreements and, if required, standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data which have been approved by the applicable data protection regulatory authority.
What are your Rights?
We value your trust and want you to be familiar with your rights under the NDPA and to know how you can exercise them in your interactions with DFMLab. You have the right to:
- Request Access. You may request access to the personal information we hold about you, and to correct and update your information. You may submit a request that DFMLab disclose the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing your Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom we disclose your Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Information. You may request for information that we may maintain about you, subject to appropriate verification.
- Request Erasure/Deletion. You may submit a request that DFMLab delete the personal information about you that we have collected from you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, for our internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Rectification. You may submit a request that DFMLab correct inaccurate Personal information we have collected and maintain about you.
- Data Portability. You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in an electronic format and to transmit that Personal Information to another data controller.
- Object. You may object to our processing your personal information, where applicable.
- Be notified that your personal information is being collected by us or has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person.
- Knowledge of the existence of automated decision-making processes in theapplication for products and/or services, except under certain circumstances; and
- To request reasons or make a representation to us if your application for products and/or services is refused.
How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to access, delete, or correct your Personal Information by emailing us at [email protected] We are legally obligated to verify your identity when you submit a request. We may request additional information from you, like your date of birth or a personal identification number, to verify your identity. DFMLab will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your request. If you submit a request to delete your Personal Information, you will also be required to confirm the deletion request by email.Please understand that we are not obligated to provide you with access to your Personal Information more than twice in a 12-month period.
If your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may either charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on the request in which case we will notify you of the reason for refusing the request
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy or our processing of your Personal Information, please feel free to email us at: [email protected]; or write to us at: Decentralized Future in Motion Lab Limited, 18A, Olusegun Aina Street, Parkview Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos.If you are located in Nigeria and you believe that we have not adequately resolved any such issues, you have the right to contact the Nigerian Data Protection Commission here